Bob Barr the former Republican Georgia Congressman has been nominated as the Libertarian Party nominee for president. What? this came out of left field I live in Georgia and had no clue he was even running for president , so this gets me wondering as to what is his motivation. Why now so late ?. I like Bob Barr and had the pleasure to meet him several times but I can't get behind him this time around I cant stop to wonder what this will do for the general elections. Let's be realistic Bob Barr will not even come close to being the president but it will give Barack Obama the nomination which will be a tragedy to our great nation .
There are the challanges that face Bob Barr. First he needs to get on ballots and Ron Paul another true Libertarian running as a Republican is still on the ballots of all 50 states and with plenty of cash . That leads to his second big obstacle good ole Bob will have to raise alot of moola in a short period of time Obama and McCain will have an endless amount of cash to campaign. Third Bob will need to get some serious face time, he will be appearing on Comedy Central " The Colbert Report" sometime next week but that's not even nearly enough he will have to convince those liberal owned news companies to let him on the debates. He might get lucky because of his ties to the GOP and get on the Fox News debates but remember they almost didnt let Ron Paul get on till the last minute and he's running as a Republican.
If Bob Barr is serious about being president he will join the dog fight at the beginning of the game when I could truly see what he's about. Meanwhile at this stage in the game I'm going with McCain and Hopefully Bob Barr will start a real campaign or 2012.
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Er... Ron Paul is on all 50 ballots?
Funny, I thought McCain was going to be on the (R) line.
The primaries are just about done, and come November Ron Paul will be on the ballot only in his home district for his congressional seat.
I'm sure he could have some fun stirring up trouble at the GOP convention, but that's about it at this stage.
Barr will be on the Libertarian ticket, which will be sure to get about 48 states, and maybe even 50.
The LP has been working on ballot access for decades. We know what we're doing on that front. And Barr also has the man who got Ross Perot on all 50 ballots running his campaign.
Don't underestimate the Barr campaingn. There's about 5 months left before the election. That's plenty of time to give Barr your consideration.
As of today Ron Pau is still on the ticket! and as for Bob Barr by his own admission he might get on 28 states and hopping for 38.
I won't count out Bob Barr as a matter of fact i'll be keeping a close eye on him but lets be realistic Bob Barr has no chance to beat McCain at this point.
If the LP want's to taken serious by the american public they will discontinue to use of these tactics.It's these reasons the party is a laughing stock of political pundints.
Post a Comment